PC version modes

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
RottenLynx

PC version modes

Post by RottenLynx »

Yes, i know, sounds like yet another "add more modes" suggestion but i do genuinely think that new modes is not necessarily a bad thing, at least not in the future PC version. You see, as Petter has mentioned before, the reason he is reluctant to add new modes on Mobile is because of the memory limitations and i get that. So that's why i suggest that in the upcoming PC version you're allowed to manually add more modes.

Perhaps this should only be possible in a "sandbox" mode environment because as i read from Petter he is also reluctant of adding new modes to PC because he believes that part of what makes CL fun is the fact that you're very limited. I do partially agree that it makes the game more challenging and fun but once you complete all the challenges and understand the game very well all you want to do is create ever more complex creatures and i believe that being able to manually add new modes, while perhaps not making you feel limited as Petter wants, could have the contrasting effect of make you feel limitless, kinda like Minecraft, while that doesn't necessarily make the game more intriguing or challenging it does make it more attractive to people who have been playing for a while and already lost that sense of challenge and have switched to creativity. Again, with the Minecraft example, after you finish the game and have everything obtainable, you no longer feel challenged, so you'll resort to building and creative stuff as an alternative way of fun.

TL;DR : You should be able to add new modes in the PC version when you finish all challenges as this gives alternative fun to people who are no longer being challenged by the game's limitations but rather just being handicapped in their creativity by them.

Code: Select all

if(tardigrade)
{
	hug();
}
Discord

Re: PC version modes

Post by Discord »

I absolutely agree. It's not that hard to give the user possibility to choose how much modes he wants in the game and everyone would be happy
HumanoidX

Post by HumanoidX »

Yeah, Minecrft is adding option to increase build limitv so Cell Lab can add this option too
(o) + Me + The Forum + My Friends = ;) :) :D
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter »

What would happen when a virocyte infects a cell with different number of modes? Or if a gamete mates with a gamete with different number of modes?
HumanoidX

Post by HumanoidX »

Petter wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:41 pm What would happen when a virocyte infects a cell with different number of modes? Or if a gamete mates with a gamete with different number of modes?
Maybe one substrate can only have one number of mode, make it like, only changeable when creating a subtrate and no longer editable if you have a cell in your subtrate. Any attempt to load a genome with different cell mode count will make the loading fail.
(o) + Me + The Forum + My Friends = ;) :) :D
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter »

That would be quite annoying though if you want to see interactions among different orgnaisms that you e.g. download..