New cell idea: Nematocyte

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
MossySasquatch

New cell idea: Nematocyte

Post by MossySasquatch »

My idea for a new cell is the nematocyte. The basic concept is that it has a spike that damages any cell it contacts, and the spike can be extended or retracted based on cell signaling. It is supposed to be something similar to a devorocyte, except it doesnt drain nutrients from cells it damages, and only damages in a certain direction. Minimum extension would be fully retracted and therefore harmless, max range would be longer than a devorocyte, possible long enough to pierce multiple cells at a time.
HumanoidX

Re: New cell idea: Nematocyte

Post by HumanoidX »

I support this idea!
But does it damage Keratinocytes?
(o) + Me + The Forum + My Friends = ;) :) :D
MossySasquatch

Post by MossySasquatch »

It would not affect keratinocytes if it were up to me
HumanoidX

Post by HumanoidX »

I think it will be better if the keratinocyte will only die if the thorn had touched its nucleus.
But if anyone
want to make keratinocyte an invincible cell (protect against anything), I will be OK.
(o) + Me + The Forum + My Friends = ;) :) :D
DNA-tor

Post by DNA-tor »

i think we can combine it with virocytes/devoracytes or lipase/HCN.Kinda like the spike can inject viruss DNA.Also HCN/lipase/protease to cell.Would by nice if there will be option to throw it,or to keep it.Like to make cactus-like organism.
Mosasaur11

Post by Mosasaur11 »

DNA-tor wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:18 am i think we can combine it with virocytes/devoracytes or lipase/HCN.Kinda like the spike can inject viruss DNA.Also HCN/lipase/protease to cell.Would by nice if there will be option to throw it,or to keep it.Like to make cactus-like organism.
I support the spike shooting idea, but the secrocyte substances should need other cell types like injectocyte, and the virus injection should only happen if an injectocyte gets infected
Jermain2000k

Post by Jermain2000k »

I support it maybe even a speed slider so you can adjust how fast the spike extends or retracts although at the cost of more energy spent when retracting/extending the spike