How to share substrate/gene

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Kalko

How to share substrate/gene

Post by Kalko »

Hi, I'm new here and I don't seem to be able to find instructions on sharing substrates / genes.

I can export them to dropbox/email, however I don't know how to load the, for example, .genome file into my game.

Can anybody help me with this? Thank you in advance.

PS: Started playing yesterday, great game. It's sad people vote so low on the Google Play - it's clear they have no idea how to play the game.
Alast

Re: How to share substrate/gene

Post by Alast »

Cell Lab requires brain. Unfortunately, a lot of people refuse to use theirs ;)

When downloading a genome from Dropbox you should be prompted an option what to use to open the file. Cell Lab should be one of those options and then it will load directly in the app.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Kalko

Post by Kalko »

Thank you, I'll try that out ;)
ILoveCellLab

Post by ILoveCellLab »

How do I make the substrate/genome into a .substrate file? I have no problem downloading substrates from this site, but how do I create my own?
Only Neurocytes can play Cell lab
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT »

Thanks to Petter last update, now in v72 you can directly upload the either Google drive or dropbox if you have the apps.
What you do is that you simply hold the substrate in experiment tab, or the genome in the gene bank to uploaded to the app you want.

If you don't have any of these apps you can send it to your email through either an email app or the browser.

From there you can upload it to dropbox.com or Google drive.

If you don't have an account you can send me your genome or substrate to my email.
candyyahft@gmail.com
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Redfoxxo

Post by Redfoxxo »

Dropbox gives me the option to open it directly but it just opens the app and doesnt di anything. How do I do it from a file thats downloaded? Its a .genome.
Discord

Post by Discord »

Redfoxxo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:57 am Dropbox gives me the option to open it directly but it just opens the app and doesnt di anything. How do I do it from a file thats downloaded? Its a .genome.
Genome just gets saved to your gene bank. When you open it, you have to create a substrate and the load the genome.
This is why genomes are NOT welcome on the forum and anywhere else.