PC development blog

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
HumanoidX

Re: PC development blog

Post by HumanoidX »

Petter wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:50 am Another update published in the blog!
All hail the legendary Petter Säterskog!!!
(o) + Me + The Forum + My Friends = ;) :) :D
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter »

I think saving both genomes and substrates is quite annoying since genomes very often belong to a certain substrate.
I've changed the genome editor so it can have several genomes open at the same time in the PC version. What do you think about saving the genome editor state together with each substrate? If you want to import another genome, you need to download a substrate instead of a genome and then you can import those genomes available in the genome editor of that substrate to the substrate you are editing at the moment.

This would make it easier if you have some project with 4 different genomes in a substrate that you work on at the same time. You can shut down the experiment and then open it where you left it.
HumanoidX

Post by HumanoidX »

Petter wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:16 pm I think saving both genomes and substrates is quite annoying since genomes very often belong to a certain substrate.
I've changed the genome editor so it can have several genomes open at the same time in the PC version. What do you think about saving the genome editor state together with each substrate? If you want to import another genome, you need to download a substrate instead of a genome and then you can import those genomes available in the genome editor of that substrate to the substrate you are editing at the moment.

This would make it easier if you have some project with 4 different genomes in a substrate that you work on at the same time. You can shut down the experiment and then open it where you left it.

Didn't .substrate files already save all genomes in the substrates? I mean there are "predator and prey" substrates, and I remember myself saving a substrate with multiple genomes?
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter »

I think you misunderstood me, I talk about saving the state of the genome editor when saving substrates.
HumanoidX

Post by HumanoidX »

Petter wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 pm I think you misunderstood me, I talk about saving the state of the genome editor when saving substrates.
Oh, ok, sorry for misunderstanding...
Since it is PC version the file can be big :D definitely yes! It's ok if you can't... Just don't push yourself too hard! :)
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter »

Any thoughts on this? It will not affect the file size much, a substrate already contains like a thousand genomes and saving the genomes in the genome editor would just add a handful more.