Open source

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Discord

Open source

Post by Discord »

Petter, I understand that you want to develop the game the way you want. But what's so bad about modes? Some people have awesome ideas and would love to implement them in the game. If only you made the game open source. Imagine how many interesting organisms would appear if you unleashed people's imagination. The game isn't that popular, so it would be hardly stolen. I hope you will think about it. Thanks
HumanoidX

Re: Open source

Post by HumanoidX »

I know, but...
not popular != can't be stolen
(o) + Me + The Forum + My Friends = ;) :) :D
Russian_fan

Post by Russian_fan »

I support that.
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter »

There have been many discussions of this, and I have answered in a lot of details, many times. Please post in those threads if you have further questions :).
Discord

Post by Discord »

Petter wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:06 pm There have been many discussions of this, and I have answered in a lot of details, many times. Please post in those threads if you have further questions :).
I understand if you want to sell the PC version. But the Android version is free and you didn't say if you wanted to sell it. If you are going to sell the Android version, it's ok, but if not, you could share the source
Last edited by Discord on Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhatTheSillyName

Post by WhatTheSillyName »

Discord wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:02 pm I understand if you want to sell the PC version. But the Andriod version is free and you didn't say if you wanted to sell it. If you are going to sell the Andriod version, it's ok, but if not, you could share the source
Anyway, Petter has his own plan.
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter »

Yes I want to cell the PC version, and most of the important code is shared between the PC and android versions so I cannot make one OS but not the other.
HumanoidX

Post by HumanoidX »

Petter wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:53 pm Yes I want to sell the PC version, and most of the important code is shared between the PC and android versions so I cannot make one OS but not the other.
Aw sad
(o) + Me + The Forum + My Friends = ;) :) :D