How to create a spinal cord?

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Vizard

How to create a spinal cord?

Post by Vizard »

I have an issue. I want to create a segemented snake that curves its entire body towards food. To do this the spine is made of muscles the bend based on the stereocyte in the head. Issue, only the first muscle moves, then the rest brely bend until they don't anymore. I noticed tht substances very very quickly lose potency through the adhesion.

I saw the fix in the level Nervous, where the senseocyte signal travels along chains of neurocytes. Sadly i cannot copy the entire organism due to genes being replaced, and i simply am having troubly looking at the neurocyte settings and understaning whats going on.

So how do i keep a substances potency along a large organism? How do i have a stereocyte tell a flagellocyte over 10 adhesions away, to swim a certain speed without any loss in the signal concentration?

This will hlp me create much larger swimmers that use tails as rudders, just as a fish does when is bends its entire body.
Hexagons are the Bestagons!
Discord

Re: How to create a spinal cord?

Post by Discord »

1. SImply add neurocytes along the spine that react to S1 (example) and produce S1. The signal will fade, but much slower. Just don't make the reaction too strong or else it will shortcut and will not fade at all.
2. The second solution can transport signals to bigger distances, but it is more difficult and cannot transport precise values and it takes a while for the signal to fade. You need to make a chain of neurocytes like this: M1 - M2 - M3 - M4. M1 will produce S1 out of S4, M2 will produce S2 out of S1 and so on.
Here is the substrate with both types of wires. #1 is white and #2 is rainbow.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15G8-40 ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Discord on Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord

Post by Discord »

I added a spinal cord to your millipede. Maybe it will be easier to understand if you see how it works (it's the second type of wire)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ysYcPs ... sp=sharing
Vizard

Post by Vizard »

Thank you so much! This will allow me to make fins of creatures be much further away from the head. Most helpful Discord!
Hexagons are the Bestagons!